Applications of Hecke Algebras: Representations, Knots and Physics
ANR project JCJC ANR-18-CE40-0001
Hecke algebras originally appeared in the theory of modular forms in the 30's.
Since then the name "Hecke algebras" has been progressively used to refer to a wide variety of objects,
appearing and extensively studied in several areas of mathematics. Classes of examples of Hecke algebras of special interest
for this project are:
- Centralisers (endomorphisms algebras) of induced representations;
- Deformations of Coxeter groups and (complex) reflection groups;
- Quotients of group algebras of (generalised) braid groups;
- Centralisers of tensor representations of quantum groups.
Quite remarkably, all the classes of examples above have a lot in common and this is the main reason why Hecke algebras
are so important in modern mathematics: they can be studied from many points of view and they have applications in many
The project is centered on the study of Hecke algebras and concerns their applications to/interplay between different areas of
mathematics and physics. We will focus on three main areas, where Hecke algebras and related algebras play an important role:
- Representation theory of different kind of Hecke algebras (and generalisations);
- Low-dimensional topology, mainly the study of braid groups and invariants of links;
- Theoretical physics (integrable systems, statistical models, quantum field theory).
One major objective of this project is to study these three thematics simultaneously, especially focusing on interactions between them,
and considering Hecke algebras as bridges between these areas.
- February 2019: Réunion de lancement, Reims, 14-15 février 2019. Orateurs: A. Gainutdinov, L. Poulain d'Andecy, E. Wagner
- March 2019: Winter Braids IX , March, 4th - 7th 2019
- March 2021: Winter school of the ANR project,
"Applications of Hecke and related algebras: Representations, Integrability and Physics",
Les Houches, February 28th - March 5th
- M. De Renzi, A. M. Gainutdinov, N. Geer, B. Patureau-Mirand, I. Runkel,
3-dimensional TQFTs from non-semisimple modular categories,
- A. M. Gainutdinov, J. Haferkamp, C. Schweigert,
Davydov-Yetter cohomology, comonads and Ocneanu rigidity,
- N. Crampé, L. Frappat, L. Vinet,
Centralizers of the superalgebra osp(1|2): the Brauer algebra as a quotient of the Bannai-Ito algebra ,
- N. Crampé, L. Poulain d'Andecy, L. Vinet,
Temperley-Lieb, Brauer and Racah algebras and other centralizers of su(2), preprint ArXiv:1905.06346.
- L. Poulain d'Andecy, S. Rostam,
Morita equivalences for cyclotomic Hecke algebras of type B and D,
- L. Poulain d'Andecy, R. Walker,
Affine Hecke algebras of type D and generalisations of quiver Hecke algebras,
Loïc Poulain d'Andecy
Laboratoire de Mathématiques de Reims (LMR) - FRE 2011
U.F.R. Sciences Exactes et Naturelles
Moulin de la Housse - BP 1039
51687 REIMS cedex 2 FRANCE